This page contains important for players attending, or planning to attend, the European Amateur Open.
For more general information about the event, check the European Amateur Open page.
Contents and Quick Links:
- Event date: 9-11 July 2021.
- Location: Nokia, Tampere & Ylöjärvi, Finland.
- Three courses & their locations:
- PDGA B-tier event.
- 504 players.
- Seven divisions: FA1, FA3, FA40, MA1, MA3, MA40 & MJ15. (Pros playing am rules apply.)
- All players play three 18-hole rounds - one round per day with staggered starts. (Tee times at 10-minute intervals.) Each player will play one round on each of the three courses.
- This is an amateur event as the name suggest. The top 3 in each division will be awarded with trophies and merchandise prizes. Two spots to the European Open 2021 will be awarded, one for the best MA1 division player and another the best FA1 division participant.
- There’s no player meeting. All required info is available online, mostly on this page.
- PDGA’s Official Rules of Disc Golf are followed in European Amateur Open.
- Use of all kinds of tobacco products is prohibited during tournament rounds. Smoking is prohibited starting from when a player enters the 1st tee area 10 minutes prior to his tee time until he returns his/her scorecard.
- In case of unclear situation during the round, play a provisional throw and contact the course director or the tournament director immediately after the round for the ruling.
- First aid is located at the info in the tournament center.
- In case of emergency, contact 112.
- Contact info:
- TD: Jukka Teräs, email@example.com, +358 40 538 7464
All European Amateur Open 2021 preregistered players will receive another info email with instructions on how to proceed before the actual registration begins in February 2021. There will be a separate announcement about the registration details before the registration actually begins, in January-February.
European Amateur Open 2020 registrants who have preregistered for the European Amateur Open 2021 can have their entry fee refunded. We follow the standard procedures PDGA Competition Manual on withdrawals and refunds (1.03). If you wish to have your entry fee refunded at this point, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ultimate prizes are the European Open 2021 spots for MA1 and FA1 division winners. (Alternatively, the champions can choose the equal value as a merchandise prize.) One player in each division with the lowest total score in European Amateur Open 2021 receives a spot for the European Open 2021. If the player with the lowest score has a European Open spot the spot will be carried over to the player with the lowest score who doesn't have a European Open spot yet.
There will also be other merchandise prizes, which will be announced later. The top three players in each division will receive trophies in addition.