This page contains the registration info for the European Open 2019. For information about the European Amateur Open 2019, check here.
Contents and Quick Links:
- Tournament field is limited to 144 players.
- Tournament has two divisions: MPO and FPO.
- Field is divided by divisions:
- MPO: 128 players
- FPO: 16 players
- 15 spots are reserved wild cards; 12 for MPO players and three for FPO players.
- Registration takes place in Disc Golf Metrix.
- Each player must have a Metrix account to register.*
- Register for the European Open 2019 in Disc Golf Metrix.
*Creating a Metrix account and using Metrix is free. Create an account here. (Players should make sure that their PDGA number is correct. Metrix checks the rating from the PDGA automatically when a player registers for an event.)
- A current PDGA membership is required of all competitors at the time of the event.
- Players can register for the event without a current PDGA membership.
- A passed PDGA officials exam is also mandatory for all players at the time of the event.
- Players can register for the event without a current PDGA official status.
- Minimum rating requirements are phase specific, as listed below.
The entry fee for the tournament is 200 EUR (~230USD) in both divisions.
Entry fee is paid by purchasing the European Open entry fee product from the Innova Champion Europe online store. Accepted global payment method is either a Visa or Mastercard credit card. Country-specific payment methods are also available, e.g. online bank payments are accepted from Finland.
The entry fee must be paid in the same registration phase that a competitor registers for the tournament. The entry fee information is also included in the confirmation email, which is sent to registrants automatically after the registration.
Players on the waiting list should not pay the entry fee. More information about the waiting list here.
Registration for the European Open includes four (4) phases. Registration isn’t complete until the registrant has paid the entry fee for the event. Registration within phases is a first-come, first-served based.
- MPO, PDGA rating 980+
- FPO, PDGA rating 930+
- Registration starts: January 16, 2019, 18.00 EET*.
- Registration closes & payment deadline: January 23, 2019, 18.00 EET.
*18.00 EET at different time zones:
- 8.00 PST
- 11.00 EST
- 16.00 UTC
- 17.00 CET
- MPO, PDGA rating 960+
- FPO, PDGA rating 910+
- Registration starts: January 23, 2019, 18.00 EET.
- Registration closes & payment deadline: January 30, 2019, 18.00 EET.
- MPO, PDGA rating 940+
- FPO, PDGA rating 890+
- Registration starts: January 30, 2019, 18.00 EET.
- Registration closes & payment deadline: February 6, 2019, 18.00 EET.
- MPO, PDGA rating 920+
- FPO, PDGA rating 870+
- Registration starts: February 6, 2019, 18.00 EET.
- Registration closes & payment deadline: February 20, 2019, 18.00 EET.
Additional phase with it’s separate registration conditions, rating requirements, and entry fee deadlines can be opened later on.
When the event is full a waiting list is automatically created by Disc Golf Metrix. Spots will be automatically issued to players on the waiting list based on their queue number, which is issued at the time of registration.
Players should note that queue numbers don’t take division quotas into account. If both divisions are full and a spot becomes available in the MPO division, the spot is issued to an MPO division participant even if a player in the FPO division has the smallest queue number.
Queue numbers are visible in the waiting list column of the registered players list in Disc Golf Metrix. It there’s a number next to a player's name, they’re on the waiting list.
Players on the waiting list should not pay the entry fee.
Wild Cards are reserved spots in the tournament, and are granted at the discretion of the tournament organizer. The recipient of the wild card gains the right to register to the event - wild cards recipients must still pay the entry fee for the event.
15 spots are reserved wild cards at the start of the registration; 12 for MPO players and three for FPO players. This ratio can still be changed, depending on the quality of the wild card applicants for each division.
One MPO division wild card is reserved for the winner of the European Amateur Open. More detailed info on this wild card will be published with Amateur Open info.
Applying for a wild card
All wild card applicants should also register for the event in Disc Golf Metrix. Even if the event is full and they're placed on the waiting list.
The first set of wild cards will be issued by the end of February. Some will be reserved to be used later in the spring and summer.
Wild card recipients will be contacted personally and announced on the event website & European Open social medias.
We follow the standard PDGA refund policy, as stated by the PDGA Competition Manual 1.03. Walk-up entry is not offered and there is no waitlist fee for the European Open 2019.
A handling fee of 8€ will be deducted from all refunds.
All withdrawals must be made by contacting the tournament director directly by email or phone:
+358 40 5387464